Individual lessons allow students to develop their self-confidence, and give them the time and space to develop understanding and ask questions in a relaxed and unthreatening environment. It may be that you struggle with a particular aspect of Maths, or you have missed a topic because of illness; or perhaps you need ongoing support to develop the confidence which comes from having someone experienced and knowledgeable teaching and encouraging you on a regular basis.
As a qualified Maths teacher with over 20 years' experience, I have helped students to prepare for the following exams (among others):
- A-level Maths and Further Maths
- IB HL, IB SL, IB Maths Studies
- Additional Maths, Further Maths GCSE
- GCSE and IGCSE
- Entrance scholarships to a variety of independent schools
- Common Entrance 11+ and 13+
I can offer ...
- advice and feedback on your UCAS personal statement
- training and practice for MAT (Oxford) or STEP (Cambridge and Warwick)
- university interview practice and guidance
For those already at university and struggling, for example with the Statistics needed for subjects like Psychology, Biology and Geography, I can provide help and support.
My hourly rate is £160. While you will find tutors who charge less, with an experienced teacher you are assured of someone who is able to explain complex concepts in a clear and straightforward way, who has the insight to anticipate what a student might find difficult, who has relevant professional teaching qualifications and years of classroom and one-to-one practice, an in-depth knowledge of the course specification, and an examiner's knowledge of exam technique. All these factors will give a determined and hard-working student a distinct advantage.